KITCHEN TABLE STORIES
The kitchen table is the place where families come together. Day in, day out. Memories from the past, dreams about the future or regular daily worries. Told during breakfast, lunch or dinner.
We'd like to call them; Kitchen Table Stories.
In collaboration with Italian chef Julia, from Nona The Hague, we pursue different stories, told by different people.
A tavola! Welcome to the NONA X GARCIA Kitchen Table Stories, episode 2: FALSOMAGRO.
Together with musician @tomasferdinant and his beautiful girlfriend @sophiemay, Julia will show you the do’s & don’ts for this typical Sicilian recipe ‘Falsomagro’. Christmas and New Year’s eve are nearly there, so @nona_thehague chose a perfect recipe for these festive days. Buone Feste! View the full recipe at the bottom of this page.
Shop The Looks
FALSOMAGRO by Julia
Laten we starten:
1. Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Butterfly cut your veal, or ask your butcher.
3. Richly sprinkle the meat with your grated pecorino cheese.
4. Then spread the parma ham, and finish with a thick layer of pistachio paste. You now have three layers of filling.
5. Carefully roll up the meat, into a roulade. Use butcher string or a roulade net to keep the meat together.
6. Sear the meat in in a hot pan with oil, and when caramelized, add a knob of butter.
7. Your meat is now ready for the oven. Put it in for approximately 15 minutes.
8. Let the meat rest before serving.